Blogmas day 4: Get Ready With Me/Snowy Eyes

12:55

Welcome to Blogmas Day 4!
On the fourth day of Christmas I became an icicleee 



One of my favourite things about Christmas is snow. Snowball fights, building a snowman (whilst singing Frozen) and all the colours this consists of. Blue, white, purple, black (basically opposite from the warmer toned of reds).
So today I decided to put together a Get Ready With Me from the moment I just about survive to make it out of bed to when I'm ready to face the day. I will therefore be giving you a makeup tutorial, where I am going for a snowy wintery/shimmery eye look using colder shades. 




If I could, I would begin every morning with a bath using a lush bath bomb. This morning I decided to let 'sex bomb' go for a swim before soaking myself in it, almost falling asleep at how comforting and relaxing it felt. 
Although I felt super relaxed after this, the warmth of soaking myself in hot water prepares me for the day. 



To moisturise, I have been loving the Body Shop Frosted Plum body lotion. I've mentioned it enough but I'll tell you again.. It leaves a slight shimmer and my skin feels moisturised and hydrated throughout the day. 
Treating my skin is one of my favourite things to do because it makes me feel so much better and happier on the inside. 


After blow drying my hair I begin my makeup. 

Face



For foundation I have been experimenting the L'Oreal True Match foundation with my sponge applicator. I bought this in a slightly warmer shade just to perk my skin up a bit. After patting this into place I roughly use a buffing brush to go over my foundation, blending any patches in that I've missed and to bring it down my neck because there is nothing worse than a thick line of foundation. 
It makes such a difference.

To brighten up the inner part of my face (under the eyes, nose) I blob a few spots of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer.

Using the Body Shop Bronzer, I brush this round my forehead, under the cheekbones and my neck. This ensures I don't mix and match with my skin tones. Although it would be quite creative to have my face one colour and my neck another, I think I'll play it safe. 

I then bring those bad ass cheekbones to life by contouring with the Collection Bronzing Block using a dark brown and orangey shade. 

Because everyone loves cute rosy cheeks to make us look a little sweeter, I brush the highlighter and pinky shades over my cheeks. This adds a beautiful shimmer which isn't too overpowering that you look like a clown. 
To make them look a little warmer, I add a few strokes of my Max Factor Gorgeous Berries creme blush.
In my opinion, warm rosy cheeks are a must in the winter time, paired with a bobble hat you'd look totes adorbs.

Eyes


To begin I lay a white sheet of snow over my eyelid and inner corner by applying the shade 'Snowflake' from the Tanya Burr Galaxy palette.


I then bring in a cooler purple 'Tease' from the Naked 2 palette on my lid, naturalizing the look up slightly. Also from the Naked 2 palette, the shade 'Verve' is applied into the crease and blended out.


Onto the palette 'Smoked', also by Urban Decay, I apply 'Rockstar'. A warm purple, which I blend outwards and bring under the eyes.
For my brows I swipe a couple of layers of the shade 'mushroom' to darken and shapen them up due to my brows being almost invisible.


To finish the eyes, 
I draw the Urban Decay eyeliner on my bottom waterline 
Rimmel Scandal Eyes micro liner above my top lashes 
Maybelline Lash Sensational on my top and bottom lashes

Lips


For lips you could either go for a bold dark purple look to make them really stand out and work with the shades in the eye makeup.
However, I chose to wear the L'Oreal Julianne's Nude for an everyday wear.

The finished look



I hope you enjoyed this sparkly, shimmery makeup routine for an everyday look.
Let me know in the comments what your go to shades are for an everyday wintery look :)

❤️
 photo melxsignature_zpsfx4jgcfr.png Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading my blog, let me know what you thought if you would like to. I will reply as soon as I can :)
- Mel