Autumnal makeup looks

07:51



Hey guys!
Today I want to share with you a makeup look I loved putting together. Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year because it's near to Christmas! This means sparkles, snuggles, candles, cosy nights by the fire, hot chocolates and I could go on and on! 

It is also the best time for dark lips and smokey eyes which in any other season, can only be allowed to be worn for a night out as when darkness takes over so does a mysterious, sexy eye look with bold lips. As you can tell from the picture above, all of the products I have used to create this look are quite dark and warm. 

I firstly apply my Rimmel Lasting Perfection Foundation with a makeup sponge. Sometimes I use a brush just to ensure I have blended this in well especially round the edges and under the chin so that there isn't a dark thick foundation line.

To highlight I apply a few strokes of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes, the top of my nose and under my bottom lip. 

Using the Collection Gorgeous Glow bronzing block I contour under my cheekbones with the dark brown (bottom) shade. I then apply some of the orangey shade to blend it into the foundation and make the contouring give more of a natural placement on the face.

I then apply this gorgeous blush 'Gorgeous Berries' by Max Factor from my cheeks across to where my hair starts. This adds a rosy glow to the face and draws attention to the cheeks, also with the help from contouring. 

For my brows I apply a few strokes of 'Mushroom' which you will probably know by now is my go to brow shade! 


For the eyes I apply the Maybelline colour tattoo 'On and On Bronze' which I know bloggers no longer rave about but it is the most gorgeous dark gold - brown. I love to apply this as a base for any smokey eye looks as it is the perfect start rather than a light, soft shade. 

I then apply 'Starry Night' from Tanya Burr Cosmetics Galaxy eye palette to darken and smoke up the look by brushing it outwards towards my hair.

Using the Urban Decay 'Smoked' palette I apply 'Asphalt' which is a dark sparkly grey into my crease and outer corner brushing out. 
I then apply a few strokes of 'Rockstar', a dark purple, into my crease and on the brow bone slightly.
I also apply 'Barlust' which is inbetween a light and dark brown underneath my waterline to darken the whole eye look and to smoke up the edges of the eye. I also drag this out creating a thickish line going towards my hair. This adds a touch of gold shimmer under the eye, a beautiful autumnal shade. 

I then apply a thick winged liner finished with a flick adding a sexy, dark and mysterious finish. This also draws the eyes out which is what I have been doing with the eye shadows used. 
To darken the eyes completely, I apply the Rimmel Scandal eyes liner on my bottom waterline before finishing with the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara on my top and bottom lashes. 



The finished look makes an excuse for some sexy, full on serious poses! 

For lips you can go either way - nude/pink or red/purple. Here I am wearing a dark purple/plum lipstick by Topshop called 'Beguiled'.

On the other hand this can be worn with a nude/pinky tone making this look wearable for the daytime. 

Here I am wearing L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Colour Riche Julianne's Nude. I like to wear this on days when I do not feel very daring to swipe a badass bold lipstick across my lips. Which therefore draws even more attention to myself! However this confidence is something we can build up on through time if, like me, you enjoy dark red lipsticks but do not quite have a full glass of confidence to wear it daily.

Jumper: Forever 21, Jeans: Hollister
This image portrays a very different version of the look in a more casual yet sexy and sophisticated persona. I have tied my hair up in a sleek ponytail, put on my snuggly roll neck jumper and denim jeans. This shows that I am able to wear this look either way, casual or dolled up/mysterious. The pink lipstick lightens the makeup look by portraying the lips in a soft tone. However, when I apply the Topshop plum lipstick, I feel more mysterious as it portrays a sexy undertone and therefore, for me, would not work as a day time look as there is too much going on. You could even create a cute bun on the top of your head with a few strands pulled through. No matter how the hair is worn, or the outfit you put together, the lipstick is what persuades the makeup into a certain look. 



I spritz my favourite spray by Zoella 'Lets Spritz!' It's a lovely refreshing spray, the perfect pick me up before leaving the house! I also love Tanya Burr's 'Penguin Chick' nail varnish right now, it goes lovely with the eye makeup and matches the autumnal tone within the look. 

I really enjoyed creating this makeup look, and if I were to involve a hair look and/outfit I would probably say wavy curls and a black dress with tights and black ankle boots. Though this is quite a heavy makeup look I would not decide to apply it when I want to feel pretty. I am still only complimenting my features in more of a sexy, mysterious way. This is not to say our natural look is not sexy because natural and difference is sexy in itself. Here I am exploring ways in which makeup can be used to compliment your features in different ways.


                                                                   ❤️

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading my blog, let me know what you thought if you would like to. I will reply as soon as I can :)
- Mel